1. Load the file (File/Open) named WPTASK5
2. Read the section on CENTRING TEXT on the separate program help sheet. Then move the cursor to any point on the top line and try to centre the heading.
3. a) Move the cursor to the start of the second line of text and press the [Tab] key (marked and found on the left-hand side of the keyboard). Press it a couple of times and notice how the text jumps across the screen by equal amounts.
b) Now press the or Back Space (delete) key [←] to remove the tabulation and leave the text how it was.
Use these techniques to make the text look something like this:
Remember - DO NOT USE THE SPACE BAR!!:
5. Save your altered version (File/Save As) using the filename WP5 then print (File/Print) your work.
6. Hand in your work now and then do EXERCISE 1 before continuing to the next task.
Page last updated 23/05/2003 © Copyright, I.D.Lee,
Didcot Girls' School.