1. Type out your full address, post code and telephone number, with each line right up against the left margin, and pressing [↵Enter] at the end of each line, for example:
2. Select File/Save and you will be asked to give a filename. It is important to give your files sensible names to identify them easily:
Then press the [↵Enter] key.
3. Continue typing your letter - see below.
Remember the following rules:
4. Save your file again (File/Save) and notice that this time you are not asked for a filename because the computer already knows it. Your new version of the text will replace the old version on the disk.
5. Print your file (File/Print) and collect the resulting hard copy from the printer.
6. Hand in your work now before continuing to the next task.
Page last updated 23/05/2003 © Copyright, I.D.Lee,
Didcot Girls' School.