WORD PROCESSING EXERCISE - 1
This exercise involves using the alignment techniques introduced in Task 5, to produce a standard letter.
1. Load in the file that you saved in Task 3 which was a letter to a double-glazing company. Look at your print out and correct any mistakes that you made.
2. Using the tab key push your whole address and telephone number over to the right-hand side of the screen (see below).
3. Use the tab key and insert today's date on the right-hand side in the format shown (see below).
4. Insert the name and address of the company to which you are sending the letter on the left-hand side (see below).
5. Insert the heading shown below in upper case and make the computer centre it on the line.
6. Check that your letter is laid out correctly, with the appropriate line spacing and the use of upper case letters in the right places (as shown below); then resave it and print it.
32 Reading Road
Tel 01235 212092
24 April 1991
DOUBLE-GLAZING OF THE ABOVE PROPERTY
Following a recent conversation and agreement made with one of your representatives, I regret to inform you that I am no longer able to offer your company the contract for the double-glazing of my property at the price quoted. Please cancel my order.